ADVISING > Meeting with an Advisor
Schedule an Advising Appointment
To make an appointment with an academic advisor, go online to https://msu.campus.eab.com and follow the Instructions for Scheduling an Advising Appointment or visit us at the Main Office (Room 35 in the basement of Holmes Hall)
Please note that your Briggs Advisor might direct you to other advisors across the university for advising regarding honors option requirements, study abroad, pre-professional programs, and individual majors.
Your Advisor and You
The Briggs advising office, along with other advisors across the university, are available to help you make the most of your college experience.
Advisors challenge, support, and guide you on your way to reaching your highest potential. Academic advising is based on a system of shared responsibility between you and your advisor. It is an on-going conversation that goes beyond course selection—our goal is to assist you as you explore the curriculum, experience college life, and prepare for life after college.
What you can expect from your ADVISOR:
- Empowerment and encouragement to be a self-directed learner
- Knowledge of the curriculum within their departments/college
- Referrals to resources, people, and departments across campus (e.g., career counseling, study abroad, tutoring, extracurricular activities, etc.)
- Assistance with evaluation and re-evaluation, as needed, of progress toward your academic and graduation goals
- To come prepared, with questions in mind, to discuss your goals
- To be open to academic and non-academic suggestions that your advisor may bring to your attention based on your interests and goals
- To be ready to make decisions regarding your academic and personal goals
To return to the main current students page, please click here.